Job Title: Operator Technician IV
Location: PE Hydro South
Cube Hydro is a hydropower development and operating platform targeting investments in mid-sized greenfield and operating hydro projects in North America. Cube Hydro currently manages 19 hydroelectric facilities on ten rivers in five states with a combined capacity of more than 385 megawatts, generating 1.5 million megawatt-hours annually, or enough electricity to power approximately 140,000 homes with renewable energy.
OPTECH IV performs duties in connection with the operation and maintenance of hydroelectric powerhouse/ dam equipment located in the PE Hydro South area (Luray, Newport & Shenandoah) in accordance with plant procedures, operating instructions, safety regulations and industry practices.
RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- Direct and perform any duties required in the operation of the powerhouse and dam according to general system or plant operating orders or making changes in operations as necessary.
- Direct and perform duties required to place equipment in service, remove from service, and properly release equipment for maintenance work.
- Make inspection tours to check powerhouse and dam conditions, gauges, and records for satisfactory performance.
- Instruct and train employees in operations job duties. Give assistance and advice to employees in order to maintain safety and maximum efficiency operation.
- Determine causes of unusual or improper operating conditions or equipment failure and take necessary actions to correct and prevent re-occurrence.
- Compute river flow from available data.
- Keep informed of safety practices (personal & dam safety) and governmental regulations.
- Maintain adequate knowledge of fire protection systems, procedures and proper use of firefighting equipment.
- Maintain records of all operating conditions and changes during a shift.
- Be proficient in use of company email system.
- Be proficient in accessing operating information via the internet and company intranet systems.
- Knowledge and Skills: Ability to meet job knowledge and skill requirements will be determined by company interviews and tests. Must be able to safely and satisfactorily perform all the duties of lower classifications.
- Safety: Ability to perform assigned work in a safe manner in accordance with the procedures, rules and regulations applicable to power stations.
- Regulatory Compliance: Hydro Power Plants produce energy from a clean source and makes a priority of maintaining a clean environment. Additionally, the operation of a Hydro Power Plant can have significant consequences on the surrounding community. To be successful in this position, one must demonstrate the ability to learn and the attitude to adhere to Federal, State, Local, and company rules, regulations, and policies.
- Physical: Ability to perform physical work required of this classification.
- Mental: Mental ability to understand the principles of hydraulics, mechanical/electrical equipment operation, electric generation and their relationship to station and dam operations.
- Clerical: Ability to prepare legible and accurate reports.
- Work Characteristics: Meet company standards in regard to physical fitness, personal conduct and appearance, attendance, work performance, safety practices, and supervision required.
- Special: Must have demonstrated a genuine interest in learning through individual and cooperative efforts the job requirements of this classification. Demonstrate thorough knowledge of the use and care of tools and equipment related to this classification.
Home base for this position is in Luray, Virginia. Travel to the other PEH South Plants in the vicinity is also required to support operations. These plants are in Shenandoah, Virginia.
5 day, 40-hour daylight shift (0700-1530) schedule
$25.50 – $39.53/hr.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.